Thursday, March 22, 2007
Hehehe.. lama dah tak update this blog.
But I took this chance to update it. Kak Sya has tagged me (if not kira perasan la ni.. hehehe)!
So here it is...
A is for age: 35 years, 1 month and 10 days
B is for beverage of choice: Ice Lemon Tea
C is for career right now: IT Senior Consultant
D is for your dog's name: I don't have dogs. No cats either.
E is for essential item you use everyday: Quite a number - cleanser, toner, moisturizer, lotion, make-up, mousse, hairdryer, perfume
F is for favorite TV shows at the moment: Heroes
G is for favorite game: Badminton, CSI (computer game), golf
H is for home town: Seremban
I is for instruments you've played/play: Errrrr.... dunno what la! None, I guess
J is for favorite juice: Orange Juice, Lemon Juice, Tomato Juice, Carrot Juice
K is for whose butt you'd like to kick: Ohhh quite a number of people for being jerks, and "bodoh sombong" and snobbish
L is for last restaurant you ate at: Sheraton Subang
M is for marriage: Just got married 4 months ago
N is for your full name: Do I have to write it here? N-----------------------------b (pepandai la carik or teka.. haha)
O is for overnight hospital stays: 3 nights in Pantai Medical Center, Cheras for having nerve problem in both my legs
P is for people you were with today: Dearest husband, colleagues
Q is for quote: Life is about making choices, so choose wisely and never regret it.
R is for biggest regret/mistake: I don't regret but I learned from those.
S is for status: Happily blissfully married
T is for time you woke up today: 6:30am
U is for the underwear you're wearing right now: Err.. *blushing* - black
V is for vegetables you love: Kailan, Cabbage, Carrot,
W is for worst habit: When the "Malas" disease infect me (especially when after long working hours)
X is for x-rays you've had: Medical checkup - twice, the last one was at KLCC Medical Center after I fell at the LRT station in 2000.
Y is for yummy food you ate today: Food court food - nothing yummy.
Z is for zodiac sign: Aquarius
So whoever reading this blog, and haven't done this tag yet, I TAG YOU!!!
Posted at 3/22/2007 4:45:49 pm by AudraSazreena
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Aku baca ni kat m*Star hari ni:
IPOH: Syarikat penerbangan tambang murah AirAsia harus mencerminkan kebudayaan Malaysia supaya penumpangnya dengan mudah mengenali negara ini, kata presiden Majlis Belia Malaysia (MBM) Shamsul Anuar Nasarah.
Barisan kakitangan dan pramugari AirAsia sewaktu majlis pelancaran pelan penerbangan baru jarak jauh awal tahun ini. MBM menganggap pakaian seragam pramugari ini (tidak termasuk berbaju T putih) "tidak mencerminkan imej dan identiti Malaysia." (foto AP)
"Kami gembira AirAsia mampu menyediakan tiket pesawat yang murah tetapi pihak pengurusan syarikat itu mesti memastikan penerbangannya memaparkan identiti dan budaya negara ini," katanya dalam sidang akhbar selepas mesyuarat exco MBM di sini hari ini.
Dengan itu penumpang dengan mudah mengenali AirAsia sebagai sebuah penerbangan negara ini, tambahnya.
"Apabila warga asing naik pesawat AirAsia, mereka tidak perlu bertanya sama ada penerbangan ini milik Malaysia," katanya.
Shamsul berkata MBM akan mengirim surat rasmi kepada syarikat tersebut bagi menyampaikan pandangannya sebagai susulan rungutan orang ramai dalam perkara ini.
Sebagai contoh, kata Shamsul lagi, pakaian pramugari syarikat itu tidak mencerminkan citra Malaysia.
"Pakaian seragam sekarang tidak serasi dengan budaya kita. Kami mahu citra yang mencerminkan identiti dan budaya Malaysia," katanya, sambil berharap AirAsia akan bersedia menimbangkan saranan majlis tersebut.
Mengulas gelaran baru "Dajal Rempit" yang dicadangkan oleh seorang menteri baru-baru ini bagi menggantikan istilah "Mat Rempit", Shamsul berkata:
"Kami tidak menyokong saranan tersebut kerana ia hanya menjarakkan lagi mereka daripada kita semua.
"Kita patut membantu menyediakan alternatif kepada mereka, bukannya meliarkan lagi mereka daripada kita."
Dajal dalam bahasa Arab membawa maksud syaitan, tambahnya.
Aku cuma nak tanya beberapa perkara. Kalau ada orang boleh jawab, sila jawab. Aku tak bermaksud nak kritik sapa-sapa tapi ni cuma nak puaskan rasa ingin tahu aku dan meluahkan pendapat aku secara tidak langsung:
- Orang ramai mana yang pegi mengadu kat Majlis Belia Malaysia pasal uniform pramugari ni? Setau aku orang ramai ni lebih pandai tulis surat ke suratkhabar komplen macam macam. Lebih effective, aku rasa.
- Aku sampai sekarang tertanya-tanya, samada uniform kebaya yang pramugari MAS tu pakai, lebih praktikal ke tidak? Kalau berjalan, terkepit-kepit sebab nak cover kain terbelah tu, and kalau ada kecemasan, macam mana agaknya nak tackle keadaan tu kan?
- Aku rasa kelakar pulak bila ada kenyataan pasal penumpang tanya samada penerbangan ini milik Malaysia atau tidak? Perlu ke bertanya? Perlu ke tau atau bertanya dulu? Kalau bukan dari Malaysia, then nak buat apa? Kalau betul dari Malaysia pulak, apa tindakan seterusnya?
Kalau tengok dari brochure atau segala maklumat yang terdapat dalam saku tempat duduk tu, rasanya dah boleh tau dah. Tambahan pulak, bila beli tiket, 99% pakai laman web. Kalau first timer, especially pelancong asing, dia boleh tengok profile Air Asia dari link "About us".
Pada aku tak perlu nak melambangkan citra ke apa ke.. apa yang perlu, service yang bagus, layanan yang tip-top dan perjalanan yang memuaskan. Aku percaya bila semua ini berlaku, nama Air Asia sebagai syarikat penerbangan tambang murah dari Malaysia akan lebih terserlah. Aku percaya juga pereka uniform pramugari Air Asia ni sudah pun memenuhi requirement yang dikehendaki dan aku rasa uniform ini lebih praktikal.
Dan aku juga rasa MBM ada lebih banyak issue yang patut diberi perhatian lebih : Remaja mengandung luar nikah - buang anak, sumbang mahram, tahap pencapaian akademik belia lelaki yang amat kurang, kualiti graduan yang lemah, ahli sukan belia yang berkualiti tinggi dan bertahan lama, Mat Rempit, Bohsia dan banyak lagi.
Posted at 2/25/2007 8:51:40 pm by AudraSazreena
Saturday, February 24, 2007
I can't help myself but wondering, what had happened to this family? One case after another, I just can't help myself from asking.. why? how?
I feel sad because this happens in our community, especially among the Malays. God knows how many similar cases are there now and not nationwide known - it could be known in the small community but it's just that. Oh my.. I'm getting worried.
I read this article this morning in the Star Online:
10 siblings want to be listed as Hindus in their MyKad
BUKIT MERTAJAM: Ten siblings are seeking to have their religion currently listed as Islam changed to Hindu.
The 10 – five men and five women – are children of a Muslim man who married a Hindu but grew up practising Hinduism and eventually got married to Hindus.
On Feb 16, the 10, all of them with Muslim names and listed as Muslims on their MyKad, submitted individual sworn declarations at the magistrate's court in Jawi, South Seberang Prai, claiming that they had been practising Hinduism since birth and prayed at Hindu temples.
In their declaration, they said that they wanted to change the status of their religion from Islam to Hindu.
They also said they were married to Hindus – although none of them had their marriages registered – and took part in Hindu celebrations, including Thaipusam. Their children were also given Hindu names.
They related their predicament to newsmen during a press conference at Bukit Mertajam MP Chong Eng's service centre here yesterday.
Their father, Ibrahim Noyah, 67, said he first married a Muslim woman known only as Sabariah but she died in 1958. He then married M. Nagamah but did not require her to convert.
“Nagamah was my neighbour and I fell in love with her when she took care of me after my wife passed away,” he said.
Ibrahim and Nagamah, 60, have 10 children and 30 grandchildren. Three of the grandchildren do not have birth certificates, while some have only one parent's name in their birth certificates.
V. Rathiga, 27, an athlete married to Ibrahim’s son, Kamis, 27, said she left out Kamis' name in the birth certificates of their daughters – three-year-old Prami and one-year-old Sakti – as Kamis wanted them to be recognised as Hindus.
Chong hoped the authorities would settle the matter quickly.
- This has been going on for more than 30 years? And no one in the community seem to care? Oh.. I forgot, they only care about khalwat stuff.
- How did the kids go to school and what? I remember going to the school and learn Fardu Ain and Pengajian Islam since I was in Standard One, and I bet, them, with Malay names and registered as Muslims, would follow such routines too, but then what? Muslim in school but Hindu at home?
- How did these 10 siblings going on with their lives? I'm amazed if there isn't anyone around them who would just shut his/her eyes seeing this.
- Why only now they would want to take oath and ask the NRD to change the details on their MyKad?
- Their neighborhood - oh my, I bet there must be a kariah masjid there who won't simply shut themselves of this case. But hey, I don't know the actual situation, but this is a serious case, and I'm sure there must be people in that kariah who would act upon it. But? Hmm.. I bet this neighborhood is just ignorant. Pardon me for saying this, but I believe it's a fact.
- How can the parents got married without having the Indian lady convert to Muslim (not required??)?
- And the father, it's obvious that he's still alive and kicking. But then what happened to him? I can imagine a theory but it will always be a theory. I won't seek any truth out of it. And this is the theory: He got married the first time to a Mulsim lady, but who knows, it could be an elope or simply "marriage with objections from both families". So they moved on and lead their new lives. But somehow, the Muslim wife died, and no one seemed to care. He couldn't turn back to his/her family - remember? They were shunned by the families. So, the only one who cared for him was his neighbor - an Indian lady who took care of his needs and eventually they fall in love. At this point, the man has simply lost his faith and belief due to community/relatives ignorance. So both of them got married and live accordingly and somehow managed to "cheat" legally and get away with it until now.
I shake my head to the all the people being their neighbors. Shame on you, folks!
Posted at 2/24/2007 10:18:19 am by AudraSazreena